Saturday, February 27, 2016

Cambodian Well

It's a start!

I sent away the money from the sales of the book and was able to get a family their very own well. I think they share water with their neighbors though so it helps others too.

If you read the previous post, you will know that it's been a dream of mine for years and even though it's not what I had in my mind, it's better than not trying to help at all. I was happy to run across Karen and Bennett who are part of the Lantern Projects.

I hope it's only the start of many wells.






 It was dug and installed on January 20th and was the 3rd of 16 wells.



It's located in: Momeanh village, Rolous commune, Prasat Bakong district  Siem Reap province.
 
 The husband's name is Soam Sam Oll, and he is 35 years old.

The wife's name is  Sie Sopheap, and she is 34 years old.

They have 2 children, but I wasn't told their names. 




 But she sure looks happy!!!



Thanks again to those of you who bought the book and enabled me to help get water to this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment